Our constitutional form of government states that power rests with We the People. That means you! And that means our elected representatives are bound by their oath of office to act as public servants of We the People. When they were sworn into office, they pledged themselves to faithfully uphold and abide by the Idaho Constitution.
As with the US Constitution, Idaho’s Constitution was designed to limit government power and protect the inalienable rights of the people. Your legislators, city council members and school board members are not government officials, experts, a monarchy or ruling class, nor are they ‘in power.’ They are in office — charged with doing the will of Idahoans — not the federal government, globalists, the United Nations, corporations, NGOs, or big donors.
Tips for contacting your elected officials:
- Be brief and to the point.
- Always include a call to action (I urge you to vote for or oppose …) This will save you time and energy.
- Remember that legislators receive hundreds of emails and calls a day during the legislative session (January-April).
- Address one issue per contact.
- Be respectful, and avoid incendiary language that will turn them off.
- Treat your representatives the way you would like to be treated.
- Remember, they are human, so showing respect increases their receptivity to your message.
- Thank them when they support legislation or an issue you are in favor of.
- Remember, being a representative is often a discouraging and demoralizing job.
- Pray for them and their families.
Finding your state legislators
The easiest way to know what legislative district you are in and who represents you in the Idaho House and Senate is by clicking this link and typing in your address. We recommend saving your contact info on your phone so you can easily call or email as needed.
(Click the image below to enlarge it.)
Finding your City Council members
- Buhl — https://www.cityofbuhl.us/city-council.html
- Burley — https://burleyidaho.org/175/City-Council
- Gooding — https://www.goodingidaho.org/government/city-government/
- Filer — https://www.cityoffiler.org/city-council
- Hagerman — https://hagermanidaho.us/directory/
- Hollister — http://hollisteridaho.com/
- Jerome — https://www.ci.jerome.id.us/270/Mayor-City-Council
- Oakley — Call City of Oakley for contact info: 208-862-3313
- Shoshone — Call City of Shoshone for contact info: (208) 886-2030
- Twin Falls — https://www.tfid.org/133/City-Council
- Wendell — http://wendell.id.gov/
Finding your County Commissioners
- Blaine — https://www.co.blaine.id.us/352/County-Commissioners
- Cassia — https://www.cassiacounty.org/commissioners
- Gooding — https://goodingcounty.org/152/Commissioners
- Minidoka — https://www.minidoka.id.us/246/County-Commissioners
- Lincoln — http://lincolncountyid.us/commissioners-2/
- Twin Falls — https://twinfallscounty.org/commissioners/