We have to defeat the two legislative bills that Governor Brad Little has written. Legislation is NOT within his purview nor job description! Doing this in person at the Capitol is best but we can make contacts because of this as well.
The sponsors & co-sponsors of the two bills that Little has authored can be found by clicking here. If your representative appears on that list, contact them and demand they withdraw their support!
Steps to combat the special Session:
- SHOW UP IN PERSON on September 1! This is one of the most effective things we can do as a citizenry!
- This must be a grassroots effort; a mass of Idahoans must show up in person and voice our disapproval of these overreaching bills.
- I.A.C.I. is fawning all over Little because of these two proposals – PUSHING BACK against these titans of Idaho’s legislature is key!
- Idahoans will get no help from the Senate to defeat these two bills, and Governor Little is once again acting as King by:
Authoring bills – spending bills specifically are the purview of the House of Representatives, but which he has decided to do anyway
Dual issue bill – this is against policy, and these bills together will cause one-time renewing of spending and a 3% annual increase in our taxes.
Campaigning – What is the purpose of Proposition 1? Election advertisement!
- Sign Idaho Freedom Action’s petition to demand real tax relief
- Email, text, and talk in person with everyone you can about what’s happening in this special session
- Share what’s really going on in Boise far and wide: on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, by texting your friends & neighbors, on Signal, Telegram, and any other means you can think of
Together we can make a difference, but only if we can put pressure on these legislators to do the right thing and say no to the governor’s bills, and yes to the separation of powers, as enumerated in both the U.S. and the Idaho Constitutions.